Stress Community
Clenched fists while Sleeping and Sleep paralysis
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stress, anger, chronic illness, depression, diabetes, diet and nutrition, divorce or relationship, family, fitness, headaches, memory, panic attacks, pregnancy, relaxation, sex, sleep, and work.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Clenched fists while Sleeping and Sleep paralysis

Hi!

I have recently noticed that I wake up every morning with tightly clenched fists and painful nail marks on my palm, which take close to an hour to go. The pain lasts longer than that. This has happened close to 5 to 6 times in the last few days. I do suffer from high levels of stress. When I am awake, I consciously try to cool down, relax and de-stress, but I am helpless when I am asleep because I don't know what I am doing.

Over the last few months I am also suffering from mild Sleep paralysis. This has happened around 10 to 12 times in the last 6 months approximately.

I can draw a line between the above symptoms and stress, but I am not sure how to deal with it. I also suffer from other symptoms of stress & depression like breathlessness, exhaustion, loss of appetite, loss of weight. I also often tend to get emotional.