Clenched fists while Sleeping and Sleep paralysis
Hi!

I have recently noticed that I wake up every morning with tightly clenched fists and painful nail marks on my palm, which take close to an hour to go. The pain lasts longer than that. This has happened close to 5 to 6 times in the last few days. I do suffer from high levels of stress. When I am awake, I consciously try to cool down, relax and de-stress, but I am helpless when I am asleep because I don't know what I am doing.

Over the last few months I am also suffering from mild Sleep paralysis. This has happened around 10 to 12 times in the last 6 months approximately.

I can draw a line between the above symptoms and stress, but I am not sure how to deal with it. I also suffer from other symptoms of stress & depression like breathlessness, exhaustion, loss of appetite, loss of weight. I also often tend to get emotional.
Sorry to hear you're experiencing that much stress. There are a variety of anxiety-reduction and stress-management techniques to try out, from yoga and similar exercise to mindfulness meditation or prayer, but I suspect you may need something a bit stronger at this point. Certainly try any stress-reduction technique, as long as it's safe and sensible.

Are you willing to see a therapist about this? I hope so. Often talking to a therapist, and perhaps the brief use of anti-anxiety meds, can help break an otherwise vicious cycle of stress, and get life back to being more comfortable.