Stress Community
Hair loss due to stress?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stress, anger, chronic illness, depression, diabetes, diet and nutrition, divorce or relationship, family, fitness, headaches, memory, panic attacks, pregnancy, relaxation, sex, sleep, and work.

Hair loss due to stress?

My hair is constantly coming out especially when I shower there is always a ball of hair in the drain- I've been told this is caused by stress. I have a lot of stress in my life so this is believable. I struggle wth depression as well and my memory has become progressively worse. I also have this problem where I'm always scratching my scalp- idk why it's like a nervous habit. Could this be causing my hair loss? Thanks any help is appreciated
Emily
Dear stress will take away your hairs . try to change your mind and thinking, engage yourself in some hobbies, activities, try to massage your scalp this will relief your stress.
Yea it could be causing the hair loss... I also suggest you go for a full medical check up ...in case its something else.... Good Luck Emily
I have recently had Surgery. I noticed my hair was not growing, and also noticed it was falling out. I have always used Chemical Colors to color my hair. I changed everything. I started using shampoos without Laurel Sulfates and Parabens. I also use Braggs Raw Apple Cider Vinegar to Rinse my hair after shampooing. I researched the internet for a Natural Goatmilk Shampoo. Here is the company to order this from: www.circlehr.com order the Goatmilk Shampoo I ordered Jasmine....They use fresh herbal oils, and look at the Goatmilk Barsoap.I also use WWW.Dermorganics.com, this shampoo is like a skinwash also, You might also want to Consider switching to using Body Art Quality Henna on your hair to Color it. The Chemicals from Haircolor could be what is doing this. Since I changed shampoos and stopped using Chemical Colors, My skin has "NO MORE Rashes, or constant breakouts. This is where  I get my Henna. www.hennaforhair.com
Only go to that website, it is PURE HENNA. Goodluck to you!!!!!
Thanks everyone. I recently started using garnier fructis pure clean- no parabins sulfates or heavy waxes but I only use the conditioner and it hasn't done too much. I use tressame smooth and silky shampoo which seems pretty good but I should prob be using something better for my scalp., I've had this problem with my scalp forever where the right frontal side of it is always dry and irritated, moreso than any other part of my scalp. I actually get pimples on other parts of my scalp. My hair also grows at an extremely slow rate and has never really grown farther than the bottom of my boobs. Is this normal? How can i make my hair grow faster bc im trying to grow it very long and how can I nourish my scalp without making it break out? I've tried biotin pills but they didn't do anything. Should I try them again?