Stress Community
Itchy legs/arms after showering with no rash. Is it stress related?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stress, anger, chronic illness, depression, diabetes, diet and nutrition, divorce or relationship, family, fitness, headaches, memory, panic attacks, pregnancy, relaxation, sex, sleep, and work.

Every time I shower my skin on my legs and arms (and now increasingly on my lower back) gets incredibly itchy.  There is no rash that appears on my skin and the itching lasts for around half an hour after I get out of the shower.  It started when I was around 13 years old.  I use Aveeno body wash for dry and itchy skin every time I shower, which is made from oatmeal - It helps a little.  The itching is worse when I shave, but it helps when I use natural shaving gels that produce little foam.  When I exfoliate, it also helps the itching to be minimal.  I try not to scratch in the itching areas because if I do, it does not go away and gets worse.  I always moisturise after taking a shower, but it doesnt seem to help that much.  I find that the itching disappears if my mind forgets about it.  I find that I get more itchy if I shower in the day time than if I shower at night.  Is this stress related? Am I causing myself to itch by worrying that I will get itchy whenever I take a shower?   Please help!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aquagenic_urticaria
Thank you so much, I've been so the doctor and they didn't know what was wrong. It says that antihistamine can help so i'll take one before i shower to see if it helps.
Sounds like dry skin and the showers are making it drier. Try using a really moisterizing cream after your bath, this might help.
I hope the antihistamine helps.  You might see if you have food allergies, such as wheat or dairy.  Sometimes eliminating problematic foods will cause other allergic symptoms to go away completely.  It did for me.  
Thank you, but i'm unaware if i'm allergic to any type of food and not sure how to find out.
I'm ichey and 13 years old and don't know wat to do I'm itching Soo hard I am Terig skin off
I just started doing my own research on the matter. I have had this same problem for several years now. I noticed if I get dressed right away after I get out of the shower it doesn't itch as much. According to some articles I have read, there isn't anything to do really. I never had this problem when I lived in Florida but since moving to North Carolina it has been unbearable.