Stress Community
Just not feeling right

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stress, anger, chronic illness, depression, diabetes, diet and nutrition, divorce or relationship, family, fitness, headaches, memory, panic attacks, pregnancy, relaxation, sex, sleep, and work.

Just not feeling right

So im not sure if this is depression or stress or some neurological thing, but i thought i would ask here before my doctors appointment Monday just to get an idea.

For the past few days ive been feeling really, out of it is the only real way to put it. Im pretty tired, and it feels like im in sort of a brain fog,  i cant really concentrate. It also feels like really aware , like...i cant fully relax or do something without my brain telling me in feeling funny.  

I've had trouble sleeping all my life and usually couldn't fall asleep before the sun started coming up(despite laying in bed for hours). So i put up a thick blanket to block out the light so when i  could fall asleep at dawn when i was finally tired enough. I've been doing that for like a year but it makes me over sleep. I would wake up late, but never feel like i do now. Im anxious and my brain feels fuzzy and in worried, which is making me anxious. I took down the blanket because lately ive been able to fall asleep early, like 10 or so because im so tired.

Should i be worried?
I should also add that when i was 13 my dad was depressed and killed himself, im not sure if depression is genetic at all but i thought i would throw it in. Im 20 and it still bugs me, but its not like i hang on it so its not the source of this
are u under any stress or anxiety this will make it hard to sleep! if not have u try taking a sleep aid? are u drinking to much caffiene tea,coffee,soda,etc before bed or late afternnoon 6pm and on...  that will cause  u never to sleep!!
Hello, well fisrt of all I am so sorry you are feeling this way, I totally understand what you are describing because I went through episodes of depression myself. What you are describing sounds like symptoms of depression and or anxiety. If I may ask, is there anything bothering you? anything that you can think of that is making you worried? maybe a sudden change in your life? Also is there any history of depression or anxiety in your family? I read yu have an upcoming appointment on Monday, make sure you think about this questions and then bring them to your doctor to help yu find a solution to your symptoms.
I will share with you the root of my depressive state just because I think we should all share our negative and or possitive experiences to others in order to help each other out. 6 years ago I was sexually harrassed by an obssesive man who supposebly was my friend for like about a year. I was married at the time and had a 3 year old daughter. When I started noticing that this friend's intentions where changing to something more romantic I immediately put a stop to our friendship but this he did not take in a right way. This person began to threaten me to the point of totally paralyzing my life. He threaten to hire a hit man to kill my husband if I did not agree to meet him in a local hotel, to which I agreed to do. I was 21 at that time and was very easy to be manipulated by people like him, and he knew that. To make story short I started to feel all the symptoms you described in your post and my life took a 350 degree turn...I went to my doctor who suggested I go see a Psychologist one who did not help at all becuase what I really needed was to open up to my husband and family in order to reveal what was really afflicting me behind all the depression and panick attacks. Facing the truth can be a very hard thing to do, but sometimes its the only way out from the black deep hole that depression puts us in. Ofcourse, believing in God's mercy and unconditional love was crucial in my healing process. It has been more than 6 years since the depression and I can honestly say that I am feeling better than ever! I never really needed to talk to a proffesional or take anti-depressents to feel better but again not everyone is the same therefore talk to your doctor to rule out the possibility of your situation being a neurological thing as you mentioned...I hope my story helps you in some way! take care..

Karina
it sounds like stress, that could lead to depression and anxiety.  do you have a lot of  stressful things going on in your life now?