Just worried
Hey guy I had a sexual encounter about 3 months ago & I convinced my self I had HIV even tho all my test were coming back negative. I found my self calling HIV hotlines everyday and they would tell me I'm alright and that I didn't get HIV. I went to doctors and they told me the same. Just now I'm starting to accept the fact that I didn't get HIV. BUT what has me worrying about HIV to this day is that I've had diarrhea/loose stool on and off for about 3 months now. It all started when I went to the Doc and he gave me 4 pills and a shot to prevent diarrhea. About 1 hour after that I had diarrhea and I haven't had normal stool since. My question is could my diarrhea be cause by anxiety and stress or should I seek a doctor? Thank you guys
To prevent chlamydia and syphlis* sorry for the typo & just to add my stomach rumbles everyday
Forget about HIV. There is a rule in medicine that if you have diarrhea for more than 5 days then it needs to be investigated. Yes it could be caused by anxiety but you are taking a chance in making this assumption. You really need a proper diagnosis at this stage and that may require an endoscopy.