Stress Community
Just worried

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stress, anger, chronic illness, depression, diabetes, diet and nutrition, divorce or relationship, family, fitness, headaches, memory, panic attacks, pregnancy, relaxation, sex, sleep, and work.

Just worried

Hey guy I had a sexual encounter about 3 months ago & I convinced my self I had HIV even tho all my test were coming back negative. I found my self calling HIV hotlines everyday and they would tell me I'm alright and that I didn't get HIV. I went to doctors and they told me the same. Just now I'm starting to accept the fact that I didn't get HIV. BUT what has me worrying about HIV to this day is that I've had diarrhea/loose stool on and off for about 3 months now. It all started when I went to the Doc and he gave me 4 pills and a shot to prevent diarrhea. About 1 hour after that I had diarrhea and I haven't had normal stool since. My question is could my diarrhea be cause by anxiety and stress or should I seek a doctor? Thank you guys
To prevent chlamydia and syphlis* sorry for the typo & just to add my stomach rumbles everyday
Forget about HIV. There is a rule in medicine that if you have diarrhea for more than 5 days then it needs to be investigated. Yes it could be caused by anxiety but you are taking a chance in making this assumption. You really need a proper diagnosis at this stage and that may require an endoscopy.