Stress Community
Kidneys and vitamins

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stress, anger, chronic illness, depression, diabetes, diet and nutrition, divorce or relationship, family, fitness, headaches, memory, panic attacks, pregnancy, relaxation, sex, sleep, and work.

Kidneys and vitamins

Does ingestion of vitamins put stress on the kidneys ?
Absolutely not. Most vitamins are water soluble, meaning your body gets rid of what you don't need. You should be a little more careful if the vitamins are fat soluble, such as vitamin D, vitamin E, and vitamin A, but, even these are OK when taken in the prescribed dosage. If anything, most vitamins are good for the kidneys, so are minerals, the mineral Chromium, might be a little dangerous, but, I have really heard that only once, it is really good to keep blood sugar balanced. Just do not take too many of one supplement, that is just not healthy in general.

I would make sure to drink plenty of water, now THAT is a cause of bad kidneys, if you get dehydrated, your kidneys can not work well, and your entire system is deprived of nutrients, etc. About 8, 8 ounces of water a day is needed to keep all your bodily tissues healthy.