Stress Community
Loss of reality feeling... Stress?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stress, anger, chronic illness, depression, diabetes, diet and nutrition, divorce or relationship, family, fitness, headaches, memory, panic attacks, pregnancy, relaxation, sex, sleep, and work.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Loss of reality feeling... Stress?

Hello all,

I have been having multiple miserable symptoms for over a month now, and I just don't know what to do. I wake up every day and feel miserable, most of the time worse than the day before. I have been to a neurologist who took basically an entire body scan (minus my legs) to check for MS or anything else that might be causing my symptoms. Got the results back yesterday and everything came back normal.

Symptoms are as follows:

-Generalized weakness (feeling like I have no energy at all)
-Weakness on left side of body. Does not interfere with walking or movement, but my internal medicine doctor said my grip was slightly less on my left side than right, and my left eye, when looking all the way to the left, seems very slightly shaky.
-Heaviness in left side of body, mostly in leg. Again, this does not have an affect on my walking or balance.
-Vibrating sensation in body. Mostly in foot. Comes and goes it seems.
-Feeling that I'm in a dream. Things don't seem as real or solid as they used to. When I do a task, I have to reassure myself that I'm actually doing it. When I wake up, I have to make sure I tell myself who I am (even though I already know and never forget.) I feel sometimes like my body is foreign, my hands move but I don't know how they're moving. or I walk and I know i'm walking, but it just feels like I am on autopilot.
-Shakiness, especially in hands. Not pronounced, but it's noticeable.
-Feeling of fullness in left side of abdomen.
-Trouble swallowing sometimes.
-Tired, bloodshot eyes (feel like I have been looking at a computer screen all day, even though I haven't.)
-I don't feel as sharp as I usually am. Sometimes I have to read something more than one time to really get it, and I've noticed when I talk, sometimes I trip over some words.

Over the past few days I have noticed an acne breakout on the right side of my face/neck.

There are more symptoms, but I don't want to confuse anybody or start listing too much, as I know sometimes that can make it hard to see what's going on. As I said, my neurologist said that I checked out fine physically when he did my exam. Said there was nothing out of the ordinary, no signs of Optic Neuritis, no trouble with balance or anything like that, so I'm pretty sure it's not MS. His office said my MRI looked completely normal, no lesions.

I saw a very good internal medicine MD just a few days ago who said that there were tons of things that could be causing the symptoms that I'm having. I have been through a significant amount of stress lately, [several people in my family died, tornadoes his most of Alabama, very devestating, father gone to Afghanistan, etc.] so he prescribed Wellbutrin 75 MG once a day to see if that would help with the brain fog. I have been on it for two days, with no affect being seen yet. This is probably the most debilitating symptom I'm having... I feel like my body isn't mine... almost like I don't know who I am! I realize these types of medicines take a little while to work. Is diarrhea a common symptom of this medicine? I have had it since I started taking it. How long does it take for this medicine to start working? I have been debilitated by whatever is plaguing me, and sometimes I even feel like I am "not going to make it"... i.e. when I am walking or doing something on my feet for an extended perod... I almost start to have a panic attack or feel as if I'm going to pass out... I've been taking my blood pressure when I get these feelings and it does run high... but passing out would mean low blood pressure right?

So what could this all mean??? I wake up every day feeling worse and worse, it has caused me to basically stop my life and stay at home with my mom. I want to get back to normal so bad!!! It is very frustrating because I don't feel like my normal self. I haven't driven in three weeks. It's even hard for me to ride in a car without feeling very freaky. What kinds of things besides MS can cause these types of symptoms? Stress?

thanks for any type of light anyone can shed on my problem. sorry my post is so long... but very desperate for answers. I love the internal medicine doc, but you can't see your doctor every day so in between I'm TRYING to find anything to help.

-taylor