Stress Community
Seizure Crazy!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stress, anger, chronic illness, depression, diabetes, diet and nutrition, divorce or relationship, family, fitness, headaches, memory, panic attacks, pregnancy, relaxation, sex, sleep, and work.

Seizure Crazy!

Within the past 3 mos. I have started having what the doctor thought might be simple partial seizures but could not be sure without proper testing.  I had an EEG that came back clean.  I also had an MRI that revealed a white spot on the back of my brain but that was otherwise clean as well.  When I was in my neurologist's office for these results she mentioned that she felt I might be depressed and that this might be causing these symptoms.  Less than week later I had a petimal seizure in my sleep that required emergency care.  I go back to the neurologist in a few days but am stir crazy about what could be going on inside my head.  I am taking Topamax to help.  I was taking Ativan but could not deal with how "slow" it made me feel.  Overall my brain feels kind of numb and disconnected.  At times I feel like I am floating outside of my body.  The "feelings" I am experiencing are very different and very hard to describe.  I am scared to be left alone fearful of another petimal seizure.  Is there anyone out there who has or is experiencing this same thing?
I also just started having seizures way scary, i was in my living room one minute the next i was in the er with tubs in and out of my body.  It was crazy, they saw seizure activity and prescribed me dilantin and then my doc gave me phenobarbital which makes me DEPRESSED!  I see her in a few weeks and god i hope she helps me. I take xanex and it helps, but there is somthing else to it!  I feel your frustration.  They are scary but themeds are scarier!