Stress Community
Side effect is increased sex drive

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stress, anger, chronic illness, depression, diabetes, diet and nutrition, divorce or relationship, family, fitness, headaches, memory, panic attacks, pregnancy, relaxation, sex, sleep, and work.

Side effect is increased sex drive

I take the generic of Requip for severe restless leg syndrome.

It has made my sex drive somewhat overwelming.

I could never do without the medicine.  There are minimal alternatives out yet and the rls is absolutely insanely intolerable without the drug.

What can I do?
My 4 lyme results were always negative also. Negative results from any lab does not mean you don't have lyme. If your immune system is compromised you may never see a positive until you get treatment. I believe you have lyme and the only way to be positive is to see a lyme literate MD that goes by ILADS guidelines. MS is one of those illnesses that doctors have no answer for the cause. I miss spoke in the above post. I meant to say that my doctor said that lyme disease is likely the main cause of people developing MS along with Lupus, Rheumatoid arthritis, Parkinson's, Fibromyalgia, mental health issues like bipolar and depression, ADD, Digestion problems and many more. If I had MS, I would want to be very sure that lyme wasn't a possible cause. Lyme also causes lesions on the brain along with nevervous system problems. I have the nervous system problems and I am not sure about the lesions, I never had this checked. Doctors definitely don't know everything and they don't ever look to lyme as a possibility. If you go to ILADS  you will find a lot of info about it. Also you should watch the movie Under Your Skin. This would open you eyes to your condition. I hope you look further into this. If you need help let me know.
I have a question for you. Do you have any other symptoms besides the restless leg problem? For example; muscle pain, neck pain, fatigue, or anything that you ignore because doctors tell you it is normal.
Thanks.
I have MS so I have symptoms such as fatique, cognitive impaiment, bladder hesitency, balance problems...I recently found out I'm low on Vit.D which may have intensified some ot those symptoms.
Lately, about since when the sex drive issue started, my neck tightens up a lot.
I had a highly suspicious lyme negative so a more definitive test result is pending.
I have lyme and all of your symptoms. My doctor told me that MS could be caused by lyme disease. Lyme disease depletes vit. D and magnesium stores in the body. I know many lyme patients who also were diagnosed with lyme disease. MS is one of those conditions doctors have no explanation for. This is why lyme disease is likely. No bullseye rash is needed. Only 50% of people get the rash. If you really want to make sure you don't have lyme you need to see a lyme specialist like we do. This is where my husband, son and myself were diagnosed with lyme disease. Lyme will shut down the immune system making it difficult to get a positive result on testing. If you need more info. on where to find a lyme doctor or more about the disease just contact me. Lyme disease also brings co-infections like bartonella and babesia. We are infected with all 3. Bartonella causes the tightness in the legs along with swollen glands, fatigue, foot pain usually when getting out of bed in the morning or throughout the day, eye pain, causes the brain to be unable to shut down and sleep deep, sores or itchy spots on the skin and more. If you want to get rid of ms you need to get rid of the lyme.
My pending lyme test results are from a lyme lab.  Therefore, they should be accurate.

Yesterday I started taking some good quality magnesium.  It is a powder that fizzes and it includes B vitamins for optimal absorption.  I'm hoping this helps the restless leg situation. I am hopeful that this, Vitamin D, and possible lyme treatment, if I am positive, will improve my deteriorating condition.
Thank you for your imput.
I had no idea California has so many lyme cases.  I am going to recommend my brother be checked.  He had bells palsey a few years back and I read that could be lyme related.

Thank you for your imput.
Wow, the ILDS site was eye-opening.  I saw the interview with Dr. Harris.  I live near Malibu and wish I had money to meet that compassionate genius.  I am hopeful now.  Like my MS can be "cured".  I think my kids should be checked since I'm afraid they may have contracted lyme in utero.  
God bless you for reaching out and helping me.
The magnesium is wonderful.  I have stopped the Requip altogether and feel free.  And the last two nights I have slept like a baby!

We have been struggling financially but a much better kind of Christmas has come early this year!
It is great that you are an open minded person because most people I talk to about lyme dismiss it right away. They think their doctors have all the answers. Little do they know that most doctors have no definite diagnosis it is usually their best guess. Doctors are so confident about their diagnosis people won't look any further. Looking into this could save your life as well as your families. My rheumatologist 3 years ago told me I had fibromyalgia and likely to develop rheumatoid arthritis because I have an elevated rheumatoid factor. He wanted to put me on anti-depressants, pain meds and auto-immune suppressants. I am glad I did non of these and looked into my condition further. The drugs he wanted to give me would eventually kill me and not fix my problem. Since I have been in treatment for bartonella for the past 8 weeks my pain has dropped significantly. I know longer have the terrible pain in my hands and feet like I used to. My rhuemy said that this was a sign of rheumatoid arthritis. I do not have this and will never get this because I am being treated for the conditions that cause rheumatoid arthritis. No doc knows everything especially about lyme and it's co-infections. Please feel free to contact me if you need help in any way.