Stomach pains
My stomach has been getting really bad sharp pains in my upper adominal... it comes and goes. It started yesterday. What does this mean/?
you could have trapped wind or constipated,or maybe ibs
I get these a lot too, mainly due to gastric problems from certain foods that I eat.  Have you tried lying down on your stomach for a while?  It may alleviate some of the pain.  The next time you are alone, try lying down on the floor...not a bed, because you need a flat, firm surface.  Next you need to bring one of your legs up toward your arms, bending at the knee and keeping the leg on the floor, as far up as you can stretch it.  Next raise your chest up off the floor and use your elbows to support you, and stay like that for a few minutes.  If done correctly, you will flatulate and the pain should go away almost instantly.  If that doesn't work, consider the types of foods you consume daily and how frequent you have bowel movements.  Constipation may be the problem, but if that's not the case then it may be something that only a doctor can determine for sure.  It's up to you depending on how badly you wish to know what is wrong.  Hope you feel better.