Stress Community
Stress related or something more?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stress, anger, chronic illness, depression, diabetes, diet and nutrition, divorce or relationship, family, fitness, headaches, memory, panic attacks, pregnancy, relaxation, sex, sleep, and work.

Stress related or something more?

I am a 28 year old, 7 month  postpartum, breastfeeding mom. My 7 month old daughter is approx. 21lbs (she's a chunker). I have to carry her up and down the stairs numerous times throughout the day for naps and bedtime, and do pick her up off the floor and carry her during the day. She has also been a very fussy high needs baby, dealing with colic early on and just continuing the fussiness through teething and such. I have been very stressed and anxious dealing with her.

Well about 3 or 4 months ago I began dealing with lower back pain and hip pain which I originally attributed to the return of AF after giving birth. My period did eventually start 2 weeksish later. While I got. Little relief the pain did come back, accompanied by neck pain, joint pain and other muscle soreness. I also began to experience some traveling sharp shooting pains that I would feel in my arm, my feet and even groin area. Lastly... I have had one or two episodes of tingling in my elbow and down to my hands. All these things have given me great anxiety that maybe there is something more wrong. I feel like part of it may be stress due to dealing with an extra fussy baby (along with a 3 year old), and part of it having such a big baby to carry around. But part of me can't shake the fact that maybe there is something more serious wrong. Anyone have those symptoms due to extra stress??
It appears that you have some trapped nerves along the spinal column.

Shooting pains and tingling in your elbow and down to your hands will be a pinched nerve in the top part of your spine by the shoulder blade.

Shooting pains that run down your leg and into your feet will be compression of nerves in the lower part of your spine.

Any type of stress as well as the lifting of your baby will put pressure on the spinal column and cause the nerves to be pinched.

I suggest you see your doctor for a proper evaluation of your symptoms.  Your doctor may send you for xrays to see what is going with your joints.  But a referral to a physiotherapist would be beneficial.  The phsysiotherapist will be able to know where the point of the compression on the nerve is and hopefully be able to release it by apply pressure to the right part; or give you advice on lifting and carrying your baby and other things as well as other forms of exercise to strengthen the muscles.

The doctor may advise you on the pain relief and anti-inflammatory medications to take.

There are natural anti-inflammatory capsules available to buy without prescription, like Cod Liver Oil, Litozin (rosehip); cherry capsules; Omega 3 and 6 capsules; and so on.  

If you are feeling under a lot of stress, you may be suffering from the "Baby Blues".  So mention that to the doctor, or your health visitor so that you can help with that.

Wishing you a speedy recovery so that you can enjoy your young children.

Best wishes

Try and have some relaxation time with your baby.  Swimming is a good form of exercise for you and your baby.  But wait until your trapped nerves problem has settled down.
Thank you for your response! I have scheduled a doctor's appoint so I'll go from there. Thanks a lot!
Hope you get on OK

Best wishes