Stress Community
Tightness in throat and nect area.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stress, anger, chronic illness, depression, diabetes, diet and nutrition, divorce or relationship, family, fitness, headaches, memory, panic attacks, pregnancy, relaxation, sex, sleep, and work.

Tightness in throat and nect area.

Tags: tightness, throat, neck, stress, scared, breathing restricted.

Hi, Has anyone on here ever experienced what I am currently experiencing as I could sure do with some comments and advice on this.

My throat feels very tight upon wakening this morning and is still with me throughout the day, feel like cant breath a full breath in, uncomfortable. I am going through a lot of stress right now and wonder can it be anxiety related? Heart also beating relatively fast now and again, as I focus in on it.  I am feeling really scared with this, and would appreciate some help.

Sunset
It sounds very much like a panic attack. As you mentioned, when you focus on it symptoms become worse and you may feel threatened. Please seek medical attention for this, as it can interfere with your life and relationships. Take a deep breath and remember your kids love you and you are going to be fine.

Don't ignore it, but attempt to not focus on the symptoms. And please find help, whether from a psychologist or counselor.

Everything will work out!
I had the very same symptoms around three times. At night my neck and throat would tighten up and many times I felt like I couldn't get enough air in when I would breathe. It sounds to me like you have anxiety and you are so tensed up that the muscles in your chest aren't expanding and that makes it feel like you are short of breath. Pretend you are shrugging your shoulders really hard and do that often to relax. Worry makes it worse so just try to relax.