Stress Community
Why do I get faint when I get angry?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stress, anger, chronic illness, depression, diabetes, diet and nutrition, divorce or relationship, family, fitness, headaches, memory, panic attacks, pregnancy, relaxation, sex, sleep, and work.

Why do I get faint when I get angry?

Sometimes when I'm especially angry, I start to get faint. My mind clouds, and I feel... wierd. It's hard to explain... but I  used to have fainting spells when I was little and it feels a little like one of those coming on. My heart races and my knees get weak and can buckle, my muscles slacken and I can barely muster the strength to lift my arms. If it progresses my vision can start to fade and I clearly feel myself about to pass out... though it's never actually happened from this.

This only occurs when I am angry enough to fight- which, as a pacifist, is not all that often. It makes it almost impossible to stand up for myself, because if I'm being harassed and it breaks out into an argument, all they have to do is get me sufficiently riled up and I'm pretty much out for the count without their lifting a finger. See, I may like to avoid fights... but I am very quick to anger if one is purposely trying to mess with me. =/

I kinda think it might be high blood pressure or something, but as uneducated as I am on medical issues I'm not really sure.
Sounds like you need to see a doctor to be checked for blood pressure as well as Atherosclerosis [ASVD] and other vascular diseases.

Your body reacts as a mechanism to keep blood going to your vital organs.

If it were I with those symptoms, I'd be in the doctor's office at the first opportunity. I'm surprised you haven't already seen a medical professional for these symptoms.

Good luck.
http://www.free-health-care.com/general_problems/Fainting.htm
When someone becomes as angry as you seem to, it could be a number of things.

Why dont you try NOT becoming so angry that your body reacts this way. Perhaps some for of anxiety medication might prove helpful. Another option is to do yoga, which teaches you how to relax.