Stress Community
alopecia

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stress, anger, chronic illness, depression, diabetes, diet and nutrition, divorce or relationship, family, fitness, headaches, memory, panic attacks, pregnancy, relaxation, sex, sleep, and work.

alopecia

hi i was just curious if anyone has been diagnose w alopecia areata where you lose patches of hair....I am experiencing it again...I have been told its due to stress...I had it for 10 years.  I had a miscarriage 10 yrs ago and 6 months later i started getting bald spots...5 years later i had a daughter and my hair grew back....I got preg w my son and its coming out again...i though its hormonal but Drs say its stress....My hubby and I havent really been close for A long time...He looks at me as if i disgust him because i still have a little extra weight...when hes at work i feel so happy and can be myself  but then when he is coming home i start to panic and get so overwhelmed and stressed out because i think hes going to yell at me for something(cause he always does)I really am so close to taking the kids and leaving...My daughter always says why does daady always yell at you?  I dont know what to do.  I go to school for nursing but i am not working i am a stay at home mom.  Any advice would be helpful.....thanks
I am sorry you have this its worrying, you dont have to be yelled at, speak to him tell him you do not like him yelling, you deserve better,he shouldnt be doing it at all especially infront of the children and thats what you have to think of as it will affect them, perhaps some counselling for him would help ask him to go and see someone the Doctor will know. If it continues you really have to leave ,have you family, as unless he chooses to change it will continue and could get worse. Good Luck its not easy is it.. We have an Alopecia forum you may want to check out and know you are not alone ..  
Try some b Vits. These have helped me. And I agree, I think it is hormonal as well

Stand up to your husband, you deserve better.
Leave hun. YOU and your children's environment should be #1 priority. Take yourself out of this bad situation for not only your sake, but your children's. It can definitely have an effect on their development if they're in that type of environment. You deserve better.