Stress Community
chest pain with stress

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stress, anger, chronic illness, depression, diabetes, diet and nutrition, divorce or relationship, family, fitness, headaches, memory, panic attacks, pregnancy, relaxation, sex, sleep, and work.

chest pain with stress

does anyone get chets pain when they get stressed out at times?

the other day at work was stresfula nd i had slight chest pain., i went to the er but they said nothing was wrong
Stress and anxiety can cause all sorts of problems and it is very possible that you did have a muscular spasm due to the stress.  

You may also get chest pain from muscular and spinal problems as well as stomach problems.  

When you say the ER said that nothing was wrong, I presume that they did check your heart, blood pressure, blood tests and listened to your lungs and found all these were fine.

If you do experience these problems again, it would be a good idea to make an appointment to see your doctor for further investigation.

In the meantime, I know that it is not easy, but do try to relax and not get so stressed.  If you feel that things are getting really bad, if you can leave the room by excusing yourself to use the bathroom or go for a short walk to get away from the situation this will help to calm you down.

If you are feeling stressed a lot at work, are you able to talk with your supervisor or manager to make work changes to lessen the amount of stress?  Or was this just a "one off".

We all need some stress to be able to function, but too much can make us very ill.

Best wishes.

I have suffered from anxiety and stress for a number of years. I have panic attacks and I have extreme chest pain. The first time it happened I was admitted into hospital and was diagnosed with Angina but my friend has Angina and my gut feeling was I didn't have it so insisted on more tests they put me on a treadmill and I was right I didn't have it.  I have panic attacks where it feels like I'm having a  a heart attack I get the crushing pains swear from head to toe and become totally paralized they are horrific.  I was finally told they were panic attacks after have multiple attacks during the night, they always happened at night, the odd one during the day. Anyway I learnt to control them and haven't had one for over a year now but still get a tight and painful chest when I am stressed.  
Meant to say sweat from head to foot not swear lol although I do swear a lot when it happens
Yes sometimes it happens. I suggest you to join the stress removing programs. In todays most of the people suffering from the mental diseases like stress, depression, anxiety etc. So these programms help people to get out of it.