Stress Community
chets pain and stress

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stress, anger, chronic illness, depression, diabetes, diet and nutrition, divorce or relationship, family, fitness, headaches, memory, panic attacks, pregnancy, relaxation, sex, sleep, and work.

chets pain and stress

does anyone get chets pain when they get stressed out at times?

the other day at work was stresfula nd i had slight chest pain., i went to the er but they said nothing was wrong
what are ways to combat stress
Relaxation techniques. This can be by going for a walk in the fresh air, other people like to do yoga, exercise, swimming or any form of past time that you enjoy to help you relax.  Not by watching high thriller and horror films, this will make you feel uptight and anxious.

A good restful night's sleep perhaps with a relaxin warm bath beforehand and adequate breaks during working hours.  Take your lunch breaks and don't skip them.  

Have a good balanced diet and drink plenty of water.
Some people are more naturally predisposed to stress and anxiety than others.  If you know you suffer from stress and anxiety, you need to learn how to deal with this when the situation arises.  Some people will take a deep breath and count to 10 or more.  Removing yourself from the stressful situation and getting some breathing space also helps.

Congnitive therapy and positive thinking also helps.

If there are a lot of stressful situations at work, it may be worth rearranging your work pattern by prioritising and dealing with urgent matters first;  or discussing it with your line manager if there is a work problem that could be sorted out.  Sometimes talking abut issues and find a solution to the problem can solve a lot of problems.

Stress can manifest itself in all sorts of physical and emotional problems.  I found it hard to get my breath.

Best wishes.

I get chest pains from stress also. I have anxiety issues and taking paxil. Doc said the pain is muscle tension in the chest. Thought it was heart attack also but its just from stress. Talk to your doc about how you feel when you are stressed out.