Stress Community
cyst

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stress, anger, chronic illness, depression, diabetes, diet and nutrition, divorce or relationship, family, fitness, headaches, memory, panic attacks, pregnancy, relaxation, sex, sleep, and work.

cyst

i got 10mm cyst in my brain i asked my doctor if i can get an operation or surgery done and my doctor said its very risky i can be disabled or die from the operation can you please tell me what can i do i really want to get it out from my brain i am very scared and very stressed out my doctor said come back 2months latter why would a doctor say that for im scared that it will get bigger i really really need help please. thank you
If that cyst is not causing any trouble to you let it be their. cyst can be dangerous and some time not. If that does not give you pain then don't take stress just be normal. Take a chill pill ./ their is nothing wrong.
Yes I would wait to see if it does get bigger and get another scan. The doctor said it would be too risky to remove as you will lose some functions if you take it out. If it doesn't get any bigger or cause any problems leave it alone. I know this is stressful for you of course. Perhaps there is some medication they can give you to shrink the cyst?
yeah i actually do get bad head pains
i hope they will at least give me medication asap
Yes they should be able to give you at least steroids to reduce inflammation. But steroids have bad side effects too. I'm not sure if there is a drug that shrinks cysts or not. My husbands brother had a malignant brain tumor in his left parietal lobe, so we went through a lot with him. He didn't have pain or seizures luckily but when it went to the midbrain and brain stem he lost functions. So a cyst can cause problems too depending on where it is..  What part of the brain is the cyst located? The big university hospitals are best in dealing with these things rather than a local hospital. Depending on where you live. Have you seen a neurologist or a neurooncologist (NO)? I know it isn't cancerous but the NO  may have more information on what can be done and/or what meds to help with this.There is a site on here under brain tumor forum/pituitary tumors. I wonder if someone there would also be of help?I can write to some people I know to see if they have any suggestions as well. But I need to know where it is located in the brain.
take care,
mkh9
its a porencephalic cyst located in left parietal lobe
Hi, ebru92,
I'm going to send you a link and some information to your home page message board that may be helpful to you.
mkh9
i went to a brain Cera and he said that my brain is healthy i was born with it at the moment there's nothing that will course anything all he gave me was migraine tablets i gotta go back in 10 weeks and see hows it going
Hi ebru92,
Well, I hope it doesn't get any bigger, especially since you are having headaches from it. The left parietal lobe is generally operable but there is the motor section they have to watch out for. Did you get my message? Let me know how it goes.
mkh9