family issues
My daughter became a vegetarian about 8 months ago due to a video she seen on youtube on treatment of animals.Lately she has had severe mood swings to the point,we cant even talk to her.She was a excellent student and a really good girl.but i am at my wits end trying to calm her down.One minute she is fine and another her attitude totally changes to fits of rage.I was wondering if its possible that she is lacking nutrients in her diet and her body cant handle it..before this she was alll about meat.preferrly meat than veges..so is it possible.
Hey there. My daughter also turned veggie about 18 months ago for the mistreatment of animals reason. She still eats fish and shrimp, though, so she's not veg exclusive. I have had her blood work checked to make sure everything is fine from that standpoint, and it has been so far. She gets her protein from nuts and beans, but it's not a great amount in my opinion. She has not had any swings that I have seen, but she was tired more quickly at first. I definitely would have her checked out by her doc to see if there is any vitamin or mineral deficiency and that her iron is sufficient. If that all works out, she may have a coincidental emotional component going on, as there is a lot going on for her by way of hormones, stress, etc. I hope everything works out OK!