Stress Community
good way to handle stress?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stress, anger, chronic illness, depression, diabetes, diet and nutrition, divorce or relationship, family, fitness, headaches, memory, panic attacks, pregnancy, relaxation, sex, sleep, and work.

good way to handle stress?

good way to handle stress?
what are some ways to handle stress and not let it get to you?
Hypnosis is a great thing you can get apps on some phones, I use the weight one, but make sure you are not alone in the house, but also that you wont be disturbed, also when everyone is out, put on your fave dance tunes sing and dance until you are exhausted!
1. sex
2. positive thinking - keep the negative ppl AWAY
3. forgiveness
4. Exercise
5. healthy eating - water
First you should find the source of the stress and from there google sites that can give tips on how to handle it. There are many places online that give a lot of tips for coping with stress. I'm a very stressed person, I find these techniques help when I am really stressed out:
- Call a good friend
- Go for a walk
- Write in a journal
- Workout
- Take a long bath
- Light scented candles
- Listen to music
- Read a book
- Get a massage
- Spend time in nature
All of the above is good information.  The only thing I can think of to add is that you need to remember that you cannot control other people.  You can only control YOU.  So, you get to decide what stresses you out.  

You can have to put and try to keep yourself in the NOW.  What is happening right now is your concern.  Things that "might" happen don't deserve the attention.  If you sit and stress over something that "might" happen, and then that thing doesn't happen, what have you done?  You spent energy worrying/stressing when you could have been doing something enjoyable, like all of the good ideas in the above posts.

Keep yourself in the now.  You cannot control the past.  Whatever happened, happened and its over.  You can't change it, but you can learn from it to help avoid some stress in the future.  You cannot control the future because there are too many outside things that can affect your life.  This goes back to realizing that you can only control you.....

Try journaling.  Keep a notebook handy, and whenever something stresses you out, write about it.  Tell why it stresses you out, then you can go back to those "stresses" and reevaluate the situation.  You can look at those stresses and find triggers and resolutions to those triggers.

Imagine stress as a pool of water.  You are standing at the pool and watching how calm the water is.  Now you step into the pool of water and create small waves.... that water will never be the same.  You try to run around and stop the small waves, yet at the same time you are creating more waves.  The more you stress out about the waves, the more you create.....  Relax, take a deep breath and look at the situation.  If there is something you can do about it, try to handle it.  If there's nothing you can do about it, let it happen and learn from it.....
good advise Brice1967, I will use it....