Stress Community
morphine getting off

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stress, anger, chronic illness, depression, diabetes, diet and nutrition, divorce or relationship, family, fitness, headaches, memory, panic attacks, pregnancy, relaxation, sex, sleep, and work.

morphine getting off

i stopped mophine and now i itch how long does it last please help im 50 , years old , took it for my back , and now i got wanted off , changed my job style , ??  
I had the same problem with morphene.  I had the pump after surgery, every time the dose would wear off I would break out and itch all over.  My Dr pulled me off it right away and said it is an allergic reaction.
morphine is one of those things that is kinda hard to deal with. some people have no problems. even though you might not be addicted to it your body was dependent on it and now that you have stopped it is slowly making its way out of your system. this is normal don't worry about it to much, your itching might last a week at most but its not something to freak out about
What did they prescribe in place of the morphine?