Stress Community
new job

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stress, anger, chronic illness, depression, diabetes, diet and nutrition, divorce or relationship, family, fitness, headaches, memory, panic attacks, pregnancy, relaxation, sex, sleep, and work.

new job

Hi all

Any advice would be great, so i started new job a month ago got two weeks training then was left on my own.

i keep messing up one time i sent paperwork to wrong place (this type of paperwork was not showin in training so i asked my manager where to put it) so last week i found out this was wrong and the director went off on one i got blame. Then few times iv put wrong info on wrong column on spreadsheet not major problem can be fixed but iv noticed its annoying my manager and they are talking about me.

also its sooooo busy and sometimes i cant keep up and run behind but always go in early or stay late to get.it done but sometimes get snide remarks about aw you be in early tomo sarah.

i feel like my manager regretting giving me the job and on probation i need this job got things to pay. i feel tertible i worryin ill get sacked and have a constant sore head.

i want to just scream i feeling lousy constantly i dont know what to do! i cant eat or sleep.
don't stress the small things in life, i had the same problem at my job. never got things right, even 2 months later i continued to make audit, and data entry mistakes only because i was going thru a divorce, 4 months later my mind cleared and all was fine. If these mistakes continue and your mind is clear than have you considered reapplying for another job.? do not starve or not sleep over this, your health is more important.
Like duende30 says, try and not stress.  Getting stressed and worried will makes things much harder for you.

Have you been given any procedural notes that you can refer to?  Always carry a notebook and pencil with you, so that you can take notes, rather than rely on your memory.  After a while you will be doing it automatically.

As you are new to the job, it will take you time to learn all about it.  If you are not sure then ask your colleagues.  Can't understand why your manager gave you wrong information, she either isn't familiar with the procedures herself, or has it in for yu (don't want to put you off).  Some people gel with each other more than others.

The probationary period plays two ways.  If after the probationary period you find that the job is not for you then you can say it didn't work out.  My daughter always does that when there is a problem.

I would advise you not to go in early and stay late.  If the job is not done, then it will have to wait until the next day.  Unless of course they are paying you for the overtime.  As you have noticed that your colleagues are
making snide remarks about you staying late and coming in early, they will put on you.  Don't let them walk over you.  They may be loading you up with more work deliberately.  Do the job at a steady pace, concentrate on what you are doing so that you get the job done right.  

You will not be thought of any better if you do more, nor if you stay late and start early.  You will certainly not be valued if you do more work but mess up.  It is far better to do less and get it right.

I worked in an office for most of my working life and I have found the more you show it stresses you out, the more you get put on.  Be confident and positive.

Best wishes.
Hi, Sarah.  Just thought I'd give you something to research.  I was having the same problem, and after 8 years with the company, I was laid off because of it.  It started about 6 months to a year before I got laid off.  Seems it was my Adult ADD adding to my difficulty performing my duties.  I ended up being treated for depression and anxiety in addition to my ADD medication.  Long story short, get tested for Adult ADD.  You're not crazy.  The symptoms are real, and don't let anyone tell you any different or make you feel like you're stupid.  Just do some research.  Contact me if you need to.  My email is ***@****.
Well, it blocked my email address.  I'm new to the site, so forgive me.