Stress Community
stress? symptoms?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stress, anger, chronic illness, depression, diabetes, diet and nutrition, divorce or relationship, family, fitness, headaches, memory, panic attacks, pregnancy, relaxation, sex, sleep, and work.

stress? symptoms?

I struggle from anxiety, high blood pressure, metabolic syndrome, insulin resistance and obesity!  I never feel right anymore, I'm always worrying about my health!!!  I have constant back aches, tense through my neck & shoulder and on an on....  can anyone tell me symptoms of stress and what you can do to alleviate the symptoms??!!  Are there vitamins or any other herbal remedies??!!
I went to a neuropsycologist and had tests and they revealed I have PTSD and severe anxiety. I am overweight with depression and fatigue. One thing that helps me is to get up at the same time each morning.That helps a lot,you wouldn't believe how much !!!
I find walks,even short ones help a lot to alleviate the depression and anxiety.I am working on losing weight,but it isn't easy. I read my Bible a lot and pray,which is a help and a comfort.
Thanks for responding.  I too have started going back to church, praying lots!!  I'm also working on loosing weight but I know that will be a long term struggle but I guess every pound counts :-)  
For these symptoms you can prefer to kava supplements they are helpful to overcome such problems, concern also to your doctor for this.
Take each day as it comes.  Don't worry about yesterday or tomorrow.  I realize it is easier said then done, but being in the present helps you just be and it gives you an opportunity to be open to life.
If you have insulin resistance/diabetes your risk of low/deficient magnesium is very high.  Stress also increases the need for magnesium.

"It has been found that 4 out of 5 people in the US (or 80%) are deficient in magnesium.  If you are experiencing 2 or 3 of the following symptoms, you probably are one of them.

- heart palpitations, heart arrhythmias
- chest tightness
- urinary spasms
- constipation
- menstrual cramps, premenstrual irritability
- difficulty swallowing, a feeling of a lump in the throat
- insomnia
- light sensitivity, loud noise sensitivity
- high blood pressure
- numbness, tingling, zips, zaps and other vibratory sensations
- being uptight or prone to temper
- muscle twitches, soreness, cramps, spasms, tension, tightness
- back aches, neck pain
- headaches, migraines
- jaw joint problems
- needing to sigh a lot, unable to take a deep breath
- hiccups
- leg spasms, charlie horses, restless leg syndrome
- anxiety, panic attacks
- hyperactivity
- angina"

- Best Magnesium Citrate - How to Fix Heart Palpitations or Irregular Heart Beat
I'm going to ask the doctor to check my magnesium when I go to the doctor.  I hope they can help me to figure out what causes it....
More info to read through. :) ...

"One method of assessing your magnesium status is to simply contact your health care provider and request detailed magnesium testing. Yet magnesium assessment is typically done using blood serum testing, and these tests can be misleading. Only 1% of magnesium in the body is actually found in blood, and only .3% is found in blood serum, so clinical blood serum testing may not successfully identify magnesium deficiency."

Ancient Minerals - Need More Magnesium? 10 Signs to Watch For

***

"A less known fact is that insulin also stores magnesium. But if your cells become resistant to insulin, you can't store magnesium so you lose it through urination.

Intracellular magnesium relaxes muscles. What happens when you can't store magnesium because the cell is resistant? You lose magnesium and your blood vessels constrict.

This causes an increase in blood pressure and a reduction in energy since intracellular magnesium is required for all energy producing reactions that take place in the cell.

But most importantly, magnesium is also necessary for the action of insulin and the manufacture of insulin. When you raise your insulin, you lose magnesium, and the cells become even more insulin resistant. Blood vessels constrict and glucose and insulin can't get to the tissues, which makes them more insulin resistant, so the insulin levels go up and you lose more magnesium."

Dr. Mercola - Insulin and Its Metabolic Effects: