stress tightness in throat
I've been having this tightness, something stuck in my throat feeling for a few months now. It starts in the morning when I wake up till  I go to sleep at night then it'll start all over again. I know this sounds strange but I only feel relief when I'm eating or drinking. I don't know what it is. Both esopogram and ultrasound turn out to be negative and I don't have any thyroid problem. My doctor keeps telling me is allergies but I don't think it is. Could this be stress or panic anxiety related? Have anyone felt like this before? Is there anything I can do to cure this throat problem? Please help, thanks.
That is definitely a symptom of anxiety/stress/panic attacks!  I had my first panic attack back in July and dealt with that symptom, it really does feel awful.  You have to realize though that your throat is not closing up.  You can eat, drink and breathe.  As someone who has struggled with this, my advice is to take your mind off it.  I found that when I didn't think about it, it didn't bother me.  Anxiety and stress can cause a lot of uncomfortable sensations, their real feelings, but their cause is psychosomatic.  Stay strong and feel better!
YEAH, STRESS CAN KILL YOU!!! AND THAT IS AN EXTREMELY NORMAL SYMPTOM!!! IF IT WAS AN ACTUAL PROBLEM WITH YOUR THROAT THEN EATING OR DRINKING WITH ONLY MAKE IT WORSE--------BEEN THERE DONE THAT!!!
Yes, I have similar symptoms.  It feels like pressure in my throat.  Like all the muscles are tight.  Swallowing does give some relief.  It also feels very hard to talk because the tightness hurts when I do.  I don't know what it is.  I go to the doctors and they just tell you there is nothing wrong.  Well, that is great and all but how am I suppose to live like this all the time.  Help me out docs.  
Thanks for all the comments.  I've been feeling a little better now that I'm taking Nexium. I still have the throat problem no and off, sometimes it feel worst.  My doctor tells me nothing is wrong too but I'm still very worry especially when it get really tight.  Hopefully it'll go away by itself soon.
hello, re tightness in your throat - there's a condition called Cricopharyngeus Spasm, which might describe your condition.  There's good information about it on youtube.  Best wishes.
I'm experiencing the same thing with stress /anxiety I think it's like it comes and goes with my thought processes if ui stay busy I feel fine, I drive a lot with my job and during drive time I have to much time to think and it progressively gets worse its been at least 3-5 months now should I get help or be put on meds I feels like I'm never going to be able to just "shrug" this off its terrible!!!
I have been having tightness in my throat for about 7 months.  I've been to the doctors twice and they found nothing.  I only get relief when I'm eating or drinking. I'm fine in the mornings but then my throat starts to feel tight.  I did suffer from anxiety last year, but  I got over this.  I don't think I feel anxious about anything. Could this be a sign that my anxiety is returning? HELP!!
I have it too and it *****. I have also been to my ENT. I'm taking prononix which helps a tiny bit, but then there's dealing with a dry mouth. My doctor is very attentive and "an outside of the box" thinker. It's stress related with a little bit of allergies to top it off. I only have relief when I eat or drink. I thought I was allergic to something at work since that seems to be the worse times that I have it. Reality it's just anxiety from constantly being in a warp speed mode. I don't have anything to be stressed about, but I do have a "little OCD" and am a "little bit" of a control freak. If you're Type A... Then you're probably going to experience these symptoms at some point. Relaxing does help... But it's actually relaxing that's the hard part. Try Benadryl. It's antihistamine and makes u a little drowsy so whatever edge you're feeling is actually decreased from it... Not that u need to take it every night, but maybe it can help narrow things down for you bringing some peace of mind..?? Good luck. You're not alone....
Feeling this right now too... Feels like my neck muscles are tight around my throat. Almost spasms.. Relief comes with drinking water or deep breaths. I know I'm breathing fine because I can focus on my breathing and I have no issues. I've been battling anxiety the last month and seems like one symptom leaves and another one shows up. Battling night sweats and waking up in the middle of the night was the worst! But I've worked my way through that.  Just very thankful that my mind is clear again after getting off the Lexapro. That stuff had the back of my head feeling like there was lead in it. I was yawning all the time and drowsy. I've had better results just working my way through it. Now it's about prayer and meditation. Even after writing thi my neck felt better because I took my mind off of my neck and focused on typing this. It's all in our minds!
For All:
Do you feel this just in the center of the neck, or does the tightness extend also toward the sides of the neck. That is where I feel it the most, always associated with anxiety/stress. Thanks