Stress Community
stressed but not quite depressed ...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stress, anger, chronic illness, depression, diabetes, diet and nutrition, divorce or relationship, family, fitness, headaches, memory, panic attacks, pregnancy, relaxation, sex, sleep, and work.

stressed but not quite depressed ...

hi guys .. i need some uplifting advice or nething that will keep me going about my days ... almost a year ago i went through a period of my life in which i was extremely depressed and it sucked .. i feel ten times better now than i had before but lately ive been feeling stressed with many things .. one of my biggest fear is death and cancer .. maybe because someone i went to school with had passed away with cancer nd i just keep hearing stories about that word .. idk how to control my emotions .. sometimes i get so scared that ill almost have a panic attack for no reason .. its like i have no reason to be feeling this way .. i have no fam. history of nething and ive always been healthy and pretty active in my life .. im just scared it could happen to me which is way out of the line u kno .. sometimes i look at other people and wonder .. wow they are so happy and chill with their lives why cant i be the same way? .. i feel like ive progressed so much and im much more happier then i was a year ago and i dont want to fall back in that slump .. i kno im better then that and life happens the way it does .. im a religious person and i pray everyday and believe in God and that everything happens for a reason and that no matter what im protected and will be throughout my life .. im sorry if im saying too much then i should .. but websites like this is made to help people and get feedback on other ppls opinions .. alrite i think i feel a little better that i let some of this out .. because topics like this is always hard to talk to anybody i know bcuz i feel like no one would understand where im coming from and think im crazy .. if u read this whole thing thankyou .. it makes me feel like ppl out there do care about feelings and emotions ..
Hey! (:
Just to say your not alone. It's anxiety or It simply could be a hormone imbalance. Im feeling the same way as you kinda. Cancer and Death is one of my fears too. Try and keep these things off your mind and try to relax and don't think about it. It will make it worse. When im ill i always think something bad is gonna happen or I got something which is seriouse
Well, I can tell you that is no way to live but I'm sure you already know this.  I really do understand because my young (11) son recently became very ill, hospitalized and now may have MS.  I too pray (a lot) and feel life just happens but sometimes it gets really hard to deal.  If I let myself cry I feel I may never stop so I just think of all the things I am thankful for, all the people I am thankful for, I pray for all the people having more problems than I am and I am not beyond asking my Dr. for medication until I can deal.  I don't think people people need medication forever but I really do think that when something really bad happens and you become so stressed out chemicals change and it take a little while for those to get back to normal and sometimes those chemicals need help being balanced back into place.  I also think this is just how I was made up.  I have the personality to try and save the world and I can't change who I am (wouldn't want to).  I am certainly not opposed to a little pill helping me think more clearly and making me happy like everyone else (I am a nurse and believe me there are a lot of people taking meds!).  Maybe that's why they are happy. lol!  Anyway, goodluck and keep talking to your friends, family and here!
thank you guys .. that was very much appreciated and i hope ur son gets better ill keep him in my prayers .. ive gotten a little better since the last time i posted that up .. i beleive one day im gna look back and just laugh at how i am now because i overthink everything but honestly thank you again;.
Your very welcome ^^