Stress Community
stressing

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stress, anger, chronic illness, depression, diabetes, diet and nutrition, divorce or relationship, family, fitness, headaches, memory, panic attacks, pregnancy, relaxation, sex, sleep, and work.

stressing

I passed out yesterday morning and was wondering if it could of been stress related?
Dallas,
  Yes, it is possible to pass out from stress. It can also be caused by pain, a sudden change in a person's body position, overheating, dehydration, low blood sugar and exhaustion. It is also referred to as Syncope. But please remember that just because it is possible does not mean that is what caused it.

Hope this helps
That's what the doctor called it syncope. But I thought it was more do to stress. I'm resting now. I hope this to shall pass. Thanks.
The fact that the doctor stated you had a syncopal episode is essentially a meaningless statement. He is telling you you blacked out because of an insufficient supply of oxygen to the brain. You knew that before you walked into the office. It does not tell us the etiology, or mechanism that caused the insufficient blood supply. In mort U.S. hospitals a loss-of-consciousness produces a 24 hour in-house observation period. Sudden relaxation of the vasculature, increasing body capacitance, may be one favtor. Vagal stimulation another. Dehydration can certainly cause the problem. But we have not identified the essential reason for the loss of consciousness. To be sure "fainting" is fairly common. Some people faint when they see blood, so there may be a psychological factor. In a worse case we have a momentary malfunction of the heart, which will not necessarily be reflected in an EKG taken after the event. Straning on the toilet compresses the vagal nerve and often causes a blackout. Many so-called heart-attack victims are found dead on the toilet. In any event, if it happens again, make a 911 call and seek transport to an ER by ambulance. Such a black-out may also serve as a precursor to a stroke. I would not be overly worried, but be on the look-out for a second episode before going to general quarters.
That's what I said. I still honestly don't know what happened and why did it happen. I still feel woozy from yesterday and I don't know what to do. I eat, drink water, I took my prenatal vitamins, and even had a nap. I'm a little worried but I'm just going to try to relax and keep praying.