Stress Community
too much stress can make you bleed?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stress, anger, chronic illness, depression, diabetes, diet and nutrition, divorce or relationship, family, fitness, headaches, memory, panic attacks, pregnancy, relaxation, sex, sleep, and work.

too much stress can make you bleed?

I am a 30 yr old female with a very irregular menstrual cycle.  About 2 and half months ago I had sexual intercourse with a very large man.  When we finished I noticed I was spotting.  Nothing too uncommon I know.  Then about a week later I began too bleed.  I had many blood clots yet it wasn't a heavy bleeding.  This lasted 60 stressful days.  Some days lighter than others.  Now I failed to mention that I received news about a week after this bleeding started that my friend was diagnosed with HIV.  My stress level hit the roof since I had recently had unprotected sex and was tested that very morning.  And of course you have to wait nearly a week to get your results.  I have since been to the doctor, had a pap, all was clear, no std's, no hpv, blood tests were all negative (I was tested for Hep A and B, Tuberculosis, HIV, STD's, and anything you could possibly receive in another country.  All negative so my stress level has since been down.  My doctor believes this bleeding has to do with stress.  So it's been about 8 days that I haven't bled.  Well yesterday I went to the bathroom and sure enough there was blood.  I am just looking for a second opinion.  Is this stress???  I am traveling out of the country again in 2 weeks and have been quite anxious but not stressed.  Just looking for some advice/diagnosis to this mysterious bleeding.  Thanks to anyone that responds.  One more thing, I am not pregnant and I did not miscarry.
My girlfriend has had similar probs. She going to doctor tommorow. If you want to see what our prob has been for a reference, check my posts' "Intercourse bleeding" from tallguy1978. on 11/19 and 11/25
Second Opinions are always a wise idea.  Thanks for the response.  Well I'm still bleeding but it's not too much.  I spoke with another doctor, had an ultrasound, and have officially been diagnosed as having no diagnosis if that makes any sense.  Nothing apparently is wrong with me but I will be having a D&C shortly to hopefully stop the bleeding.   I hope everything works out for you and your girl.  Once again thanks for responding.
I don't know what the heck is wrong with me.  When I go to the doctor, they say my white blood cells are too high but I don't have any infections or diseases.  I too bleed.  It's frustrating.  It very well could be stess.  But, I know how important it is to make sure that everything is okay.  It could be cancer or as simple as an untreated infection.  One time I had cervicitis which caused me to bleed and have discomfort during and after intercourse.  My cervix wasn't right.  It was inflamed and red.  I guess the medicine cleared it up.   I'm so frustrated with going to the gyno and not getting results though.  I just have to make time to go to a really good one...and so do you!
I having spots but I am not sure why.
And my stumic hurt.