Stress Community
weight loss

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stress, anger, chronic illness, depression, diabetes, diet and nutrition, divorce or relationship, family, fitness, headaches, memory, panic attacks, pregnancy, relaxation, sex, sleep, and work.

weight loss

i'd like to lose as much weight as possible in the next 6 weeks.  i'm 5'4" and 208 and healthy. thank you, esby
I do is eat 500 calories a day and drinks lots of water u will lose 2 pound a day
-- I lost 120 pounds by 1) No snacking, period.
                                  2) Don't eat after 6 p.m.
                                  3) Progresso soup

That's what I did and the first 30 pounds just 'melted' away - the rest took time, but the slower you lose the weight, the more likely that you'll keep it off.
Of course, anytime you consume less than a thousand calories a day, you SHOULD be under the care of a physician. Good luck to you!
Absolutely never consume less than 1200 calories a day...I have worked with doctors who specialize in weight management and they would tell you eating 500 calories a day puts your body into starvation mode and yes you will lose weight but as soon as you stop that diet you will gain the weight back plus some... Stick with a low fat diet with lots of veggies and fruit count your calories and use a food journal.. To figure out how many calories to eat use the 7 method take your weight and multiply it by 7 thats the number of calories you need to eat to lose weight once it hits 1200 calories you dont go below that...Exercise regularly.. Drink plenty of water and don't eat after 6pm.. This is the safest way to lose weight with a good diet and regular exercise don't do irrational diets because you just gain the weight back plus some... Best of luck to you!