What are the symptoms and treatments available for vascular ischemia?
I had recently gone to my neurologist's appointment and I had been given a short quiz concerning my memory,because I had been  suffering from memory lapses,and my short term memory is nearly absent. My question is,what are the signs and symptoms of this disease,and what are the treatments? I had already been given a test for my neck,and now my neurologist had ordered an open MRI of the brain.
Hello and sorry for the late reply.

In Small vessel ischemic disease the lumen of the small blood vessels is narrowed causing a decrease in flow. Depending on the area affected it can cause cognitive impairment, memory loss, limb weakness and symptoms of dementia, seizures and problems with speech. To improve blood flow to these areas plavix is indicated. The drug is used to prevent heart attacks, strokes, and to treat peripheral vascular disease and claudication. Please discuss this with your doctor am sure he will provide further assistance.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.