Stroke Community
25 yr old femaie TIA OR MINI STROKE?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

25 yr old femaie TIA OR MINI STROKE?

hi i am a 25 year old female.  have not eat good in the last 5 days and have been under a lot of stress.  last night 6-9-11 i was setting at the sonic and trying to eat a chili cheese wrap but had no appetite and thew half of it away.  started feeling nauseous and little faint.  i started driving to try and clear my head and stop thinking baout it and then the tingling started.  it started in my upper lip then went to my hands.  i called my mom and tried talking to her so i could make it home but my speech was slurred. when i got home  i set down, tried breathing through my nose and out my mouth.  the tingling got worse.  it was all over my head, arms, legs, nose and mouth.  my mom took my blood pressure and it was 142/114.  they called the paramedics and they took me to the hospital.  on the way there they took my blood and it my blood sugar was 75, low but not too low.  they gave me a shot of muscle relaxer and it seem to help.  by the time i got to the hospital all tingling was gone but in my lips. my lips were paralyzed for the longest time to the point i couldnt speak or smile.  i set in the waiting room for about an hour and no one had yet to see me or treat me so i ended up leaving cause i felt fine.  does this sound like a mini stroke, panic attack, etc?  and should i still get checked out regardless?

thank you
temper
***@****