39 Male Very Healthy and Fit, why did he have a STROKE?
My husband is 39 years old.  He is a very athletic, healthy and fit person.  He goes to the gym every day.  He eats only Chicken,turkey, fish and pasta.  When I cook I use olive oils,  fat free and low cholesteral items.  All the research I find on Strokes seem to be about more sever cases and also refering to senior citizens or people who are overweight, smoke and basically unhealthy individuals.  His life style is so healthy,  and heart smart.  Our fear is we already do everything we can to prevent strokes or heart problems.  What else can we do?  We feel a dark cloud looming over our heads, like the stroke might come back.  And we have no control over it.  he is now on Ecotrin, Lipitor and Atenolol

His history is 8yrs. ago he had major heart surgery.
A procedure done at NYU called the ROSS procedure.  His Dr.'s say his heart looks as good as it did after the surgery no changes.  Since the surgery we are even more heart smart. One thing is he has had a high cholest. problem for 5 years.  He did not take Lipitor until after the stroke.  After a 13 mile run, my husband has a stroke in the back of his head on the Right side.  They initally treated him for dehydration wich then turned into a stroke.  It made his left side go numb and loose muscle control.  He had the Clot buster drug in enough time to reduce all of his symptoms down to head aches, tingling in his hand and a slight vision problem. So far Dr.'s can't find where it came from. How could this happen to him?  Can it happen again? What else can you sugg. doing to prevent it again?
Just found out that this particular 39 year old had what is called an ocular migraine problem which lead to his stroke.  If your interested search under strokes due to ocular migraine.  It is very interesting and also comforting to know where his stroke came from.  He is being treated with several meds. to help with migranes and platelette sticking problems.  If anyone is interested do the research.  Good Luck!