Stroke Community
4 minor strokes Im 32

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

4 minor strokes Im 32

Hello 2 weeks ago i could not move my left arm, left leg was Feeling funny, My speech was very slurred and had so mush trouble speaking, confused, lights in my eyes then turned into spacy vision. Pressure on my right side of my head. This is the 4th time this has happened to me over the past 4 years. 1st one at 28, im now 32. All Ct scans come back normal. I have been told by different doctors differnt things. Eg. TIA stroke, because of Stress, in my own head. I am very frustrated at this all. I cant drive my kids to schoool, cant do normal duties etc etc. This time i had a friend with me that mentioned the nurse/doctor said it looked like i just had a silent seziure. I was there awake but not there. I cant remember much of the past couple of weeks.

I am very tired. The other day i was awake 4 hours out of 24hours. and weak, exhausted. I get confused, wondering what i am doing. I can speak now. I am able to move my arm but i have this burning sentation in my lower part of the arm. It really feelings like its on fire. Then it can be icy cold. Now its painful. I also had a blinking attack, sounds funny but my eyes were blinking very fast and i couldnt stop it for up to 3 to 5mins. I had blood test in the good arm yesterday and half way through i had this massive Pain in my arm, it took my breath away and went pale. Never happened before. Also My daughter tap me on my arm and felt like she punched it hard. Not to sure if this helps but i have had huge clots, bigger then normal, from my menstraul period which i got a week early and the next day after i went to hospital. I am exhausted. I could be talking, or just sitting there, or walking then i need to lay down cause not feeling well.

The other eposodes where loss of left arm movement and left leg but was able to get them back. Loss of speech then slurred speech, confusion, dizzy, pressure on head, not head ache though. Not remembering everything.

I need help as the doctors every time really seem to be not wanting to solve the issue. Seen my doctor the other day and because i could move my finger he said no more to do now i am recovering. Well i dont want this happening ever again and need help. Its like i am up against a brick wall of finding why this has happened, what it is, what to do so this doesnt happen again.

I also have low blood pressure and low in iron for years.
First of all following a stroke and the fourth one, you do need to listen to your body and get the rest that it is asking of you.  That's very important.  And assuming that you must have been getting PT and speech therapy in the past, but it sounds like you need it again, ASAP to get better.

I can't say why you've had so many strokes.  Are you taking something like coumadin to prevent future strokes?  If not, see about it.  Are you seeing a neurologist?  If not, get an appointment with one.  The repeated strokes do happen to a number of people on these sites.  So sorry to hear about all your pain.