Aa
A
A
Close
Audible Pulse in Right Ear
When I wake up in the morning and sit up, I can hear the sound of blood coursing through my head near my right ear.  It is a pulsing whooshing sound.  Is this anything to be concerned about?
Thanks
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Gosh! I went through this last year (2008), with other symptoms developing along with it. No one ever adequately diagnosed what happened, and I am continuing to deal with what feels like post-stroke re-learning of certain motor patterns. I continue to have neck pain (being treated). The whooshing sound dissipated, with the exception of a brief recurrence. I would really like to know what causes this, so that I can better understand what is happening to me. Did you ever get any resolution? Any answers?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Hello there, you are not alone.  I also hear a heartbeat in my ear and it's very annoying.  If you haven't done so already, I invite you to check out Whooshers.com to find more support and info about pulsatile tinnitus.  I think it will help you.  I am not a doctor, but I have learned that pulsatile tinnitus is actually a symptom of an underlying cause... problem is there are many, many possible causes, so it's often a long road to a proper diagnosis.  

Whooshers.com
http://www.whooshers.com/
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Stroke Community Resources