Stroke Community
BRAIN BLEED

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

BRAIN BLEED

In July 2004 I had a brain bleed. The first CT scan I had showed that I had a "Tumor" on the brain. Because I have previous history of breast cancer they told me it is very possible that it is a "Tumor". After another CT and MRI they still thought it was a "Tumor" I was booked for surgery the following morning. That eveing when my doctor did his rounds, he was accompanied by another doctor. Who asked me what had happened and  I told him that I had experienced a severe headache and had lost about four hours of time here at work . At 14h00 I made myself a cup of coffee and was tapped on my shoulder by one of my coleagues who asked me why I was still at work at 18h00. I could not remember what happend in that time ! This doctor then suggested I have another CT scan. But this time they must put a marker on the spot were the "Tumour" is.
After all that it turned out that i had a bleed / stroke and no surgery was necessary. Thank GOD !
I asked them why this happened and did not get a very satisfying answer. The answer was "We do not know. It could have happened due to lack of Oxygen to the brain and they are not sure if it will happen again I must just forget about it and go on with my life"
That is absolutely impossible.  I am so very afraid it will happen again.

My question is - How or what can one do so that it will not happen again ?
What scares me is that I get a very moggy feeling in my head at times and panick when I get a headach. Also they gave me no medication at all !!
Please help !
I had a brain bleed in April 2004.  I also had a stroke at that time.  I ended up having surgery after the brain bleed and remember the doctors in the OR referring to me as their "aneurysm".  My primary doctor and neurologist have told me I had a stroke.  I am very concerned about another stroke or whether or not I had an aneurysm.  What are the chances of either event occurring again?  I am on several medications to lower cholesterol, control my blood glucose levels and to control hypertension.  I didn't need any therapy after my stroke and only have a mild problem with balance and dizziness on occassion.  I know I am very fortunate to have recovered so well and yet I cannot help wondering if another stroke or aneurysm is imminent.  Any reassuring advice?  Thanks.