Benign Tremor
I was diagnosed with a mild stroke in September 2009, only sign was falling alot, worse memory than before.  I get lost in a conversation using just ordinary words.  A week ago I was diagnosed with Benign Tremor.  I want to know if Benign Tremor eventually leads to a major stroke.  My research shows my doc was right.  I haven't told her that in the last two days I might have had another bigger stroke based on slurring words, stuttering, my hands have started twitching, I have little idea what I did today and sometimes will suddenly forget where I am when I'm driving.
How are you? Tremor is generally caused by problems in parts of the brain that control muscles in the body. It is possible that neurological disorders such as  multiple sclerosis, stroke, traumatic brain injury, and neurodegenerative diseases  may be responsible. If you experienced the symptoms that you mentioned - slurring words, stuttering, twitching hands, and memory loss, it is important that you discuss this with your attending physician for proper evaluation. Additional diagnostic tests will also be helpful. Take care and do keep us posted.