Stroke Community
Blindness after stroke
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Blindness after stroke

After one has suffered blindness from a stroke, what is the normal time limit of recovering your vision spontaneously?
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
My stepdad did not actually loose sight but he did have an uncontrollable eye, that floated. About a month after the stroke he started to regain a little of the control, but it took about three months before he could focus on us when we were in the room with him. Even now we have to tell him to look to the left, he has left neglect. His vision is better.
Everyone's situation is different. Hopefully the sight will come back soon.
Blank
My dad lost vision in his right eye from his stroke. It has been a little over 8 months now, and even though things have improved he still has a significant loss. We've heard so many different things, but for the most part the doctors say it could still come back.

My dad has also talked to a woman whose mother didn't get her full vision back for a year and a half. It's a long time, but gives us hope. The pharmacist has suggested Vinpocetin. I've been doing some research and it looks promising, but we haven't tried it yet so I can't speak from experience. You should look into it. Maybe it can help you too.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Stroke Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...