Stroke Community
Blood Vessel Popping....
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Blood Vessel Popping....

Just yesterday I had a "bleeder" in my left eye.  I get these quite a bit - the white part of my eye is blood red.  I also get them in my fingers and upper arms.  I can be sitting doing nothing and all of a sudden a blood vessel will pop in my arm. Immediately after I will get a black and blue mark.  This is frightening to me...  Is this a cause of a stroke??  I am a 57 year old, non-exercising female and other than that I am in pretty good health.  Should this be cause for alarm?  I have spoken to other people and it seems pretty common - but no one seems to know much about it.  Thanks for any information you can give me.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Red eyes - Observation - a bit like SCiFi or flash pictures
- This is one symptom of Reiter Syndrome  and arthritic complaint.

A colleague has it, though generally Rs mainly found in males.

I'm not a medic so see your doctor with this thought.

Sam Worth UK
Blank
Taking daily 500 - 1000 mg Vitamic C helped my problem with ruptured blood vessels in my eyes. I had this problem for a few years and they could not find out what caused it. The vitamin C did the trick.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Stroke Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank