Stroke Community
Brother Suffered Hemorrhagic Stroke 3/14/2012
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Brother Suffered Hemorrhagic Stroke 3/14/2012

His vitals for the most part are good, just had problems stabalizing his blood pressure. He is on a respiratior & feeding tube, taking breathing treatments (extremely congested from terrible cold) plus he's a smoker.  46 years old, history of high blood pressure.  He would become aggitated when he'd try to cough and realize he was strapped to the bed & had tubes in his throat, his blood pressure would shoot up again.  Never completely waking but more like gaging, however would respond to commands.  He was on profofol & the highest dose of blood pressure meds.  Today they gave him pain meds and they were able to take him off the blood pressure meds,& profofol,  however he is now non responsive and opens his eyes but with no focus. Eyes are bulged and very cloudy..this has me even more concerned.  Bleed was on the right so left side is affected. They also discovered he has phenmonia.  He's been under for 4 days now, we're worried sick. Diagnosis has been stable but now not responding another CAT scan was scheduled for later today. We'll know something tomorrow but any insight to what I consider a set back is greatly appreciated.  He passed out Wed. night and was rushed to the hospital, I'm told he was coherent when he arrived but words begin to slur and from there it's been a wait and see.  Please help me to understand what's happening to my younger brother, he's a 46 yr. black man.