Stroke Community
CVA 8 months ago, now a T.I.A.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

CVA 8 months ago, now a T.I.A.

I was diagnosed with a CVA 8 months ago and still have problems with it. 2 Weeks ago I woke up and my entire left side was completely numb and I was blind in my right eye. About 2 hours later both symtoms (symptoms) went away at the same time. I just sat upstairs till I felt better. I saw my Doc 2 days ago and she said I had a T.I.A. My question is: Is this T.I.A. a pre-curser to yet another stroke?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you?  Transient ischemic attack (TIA)  occurs when the blood flow to a part of the brain stops for a brief period of time but the blockage breaks up quickly and dissolved. High blood pressure  and family history of stroke are  major risk for TIAs and stroke. And TIAs are a warning sign that stroke may indeed occur. It is  highly recommended that you go for regular follow-up with your attending physician for proper evaluation and management of risk factors to prevent any recurrence of stroke. Take care and do keep us posted.