Can I fully recover from the stroke I had eight years ago? PLEASE help if you can.
I am 17 years old, and I play the piano.  Eight years ago, I had a stroke, and it temporarily paralyzed the right side of my body.  For about a month, my mom took me to a doctor once a week for "therapy."  I had to touch my nose with my right-hand index finger and then touch his finger.  It was difficult for a time.  After about a month, we stopped doing it.  I don't know why.  If I do it now, it looks like I never had a stroke.  But you can tell if I get overly emotional; my hand starts shaking uncontrollably.

When I try to play the piano, I can play with my right hand to a certain extent.  Everyone knows that the melody is played with the right hand.  There are some songs I cannot play because it is fast.  I want to know if there's a way I can improve my right hand to the point it gets back to normal, without a large amount of money, and I can play whatever.  Is it a matter of practice, or is it permanent?  I know that John Hopkins had a stroke, and he learned to play with one hand.  I don't want to have to play this way.  I want to be normal, to be able to play with both hands.

PLEASE HELP ME!
I wouldn't give up. There is redundancy and with continued attempts the undamaged side of the brain will have a high probability of asserting itself. Just go slow and keep trying every day. Try handwriting exercises with the afflicted hand. Each day try to perfect cursive writing.
I agree, do not giveu p.  Shoot for the stars and God Bless you and good luck to you.
Look up neuroplasticity, by keeping on working the brain to fire those finger muscles they will get better, it just takes a long time to see results. Neurons that fire together, wire together.
Here are some books on this.
The mind and the Brain : neuroplasticity and the power of mental
force / Jeffrey M. Schwartz and Sharon Begley.
Train Your Mind, Change
Your Brain: How a New Science Reveals Our Extraordinary Potential to
Transform Ourselves by Sharon Begley
The brain that changes itself : stories of personal triumph from the frontiers of brain science / Norman Doidge.
Dean