Stroke Community
Can a Stroke be Detected before it happens?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

Can a Stroke be detected before it happens? My Mom was in the Emergency Room and since she was a Dialysis Paitient had to be seen because she had a slight fever, she was said to have a UTI and was going to admitted into the Hospital for a couple of days to be given Antibiotics to clear the UTI. We were in the Emergency Room for over 10 hours waiting for a bed, they had done a CT Scan on my Mom for she was complaining of a Headache but her Blood Pressure began to decline and they said because she wasn't moving around they had given her medication to see if her B/P would go up, it slightly went up and then they came to give her a injection to prevent blood clots, and she was fine we were talking and laughing when all of a sudden she was not responding she was just staring at me and grabbed my hand amd her right side of her lip started quivering I yelled for help and they rushed her to another side of the Emergency room, they took her back for another CT Scan and then gave me the results, they said that she suffered a Massive Stroke and was Paralyze on her right side, she couldnt speak nor coould she swallow, she also had CHF my Mom only lasted 11 days and she passed away.  Thats why I would like to know if a massive stroke be detected before it happens? Please I need some answeres