Stroke Community
Carotid artery disease ???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

Carotid artery disease ???

I have read that symptoms for Carotid Artery disease usually show up when it's too late.  I am hypersensitive to my body though and wonder if some of my symptoms could be signs of CAD.  I get strange spasms in my head in place that seem to be where the carotid (left) runs.  I also get numb in my face and neck where my carotid is.  I also hear my pulse in my left ear sometimes and sometimes after I burp, I hear pulsing noises in my left ear.  Should I be concerned about CAD?
The best option would be to get an ultrasound and see if the arteries are partially blocked, based on that your doctor could recommend options