Aa
A
A
Close
Cerebellar Stroke Symptom?
Is almost continual burping a sign of either a previous or impending cerebellar stroke?
My husband had a cerebellar stroke about two months ago.  Before it happened I noticed a good bit of burping...and it is continuing and I am worried that we could be having another event coming.  Please help me assess this symptom.  Could it be that since his speech was affected (and is MUCH better now)  - and he even had SOME problem with swallowing for a few weeks after the stroke - that the muscles, etc in swallowing were also affected in some way that allows him to be continually swallowing air?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Almost 6 years ago (3 mths after my first child was born) I had the worst headache of my life come on suddenly along with sudden weakness in my legs causing me to fall, dizziness/vertigo, nausea, vommitting and partial loss of vision in one eye.  The dr's thought it was MS.  They gave me a CAT scan, MRI and spinal tap and found nothing.  The neurologist chalked it up to hormonal changes from having my baby causing me to have a migraine.  I have a history of migraines and this was nothing like any migraine I have ever had.  The symptoms gradually went away but lasted about 5 weeks total!  I had to quit my job.  Now that I'm older I wished I had gotten a second opinion because I've never been satisfied with my diagnosis.  Can you all help me?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Stroke Community Resources
Top Neurology Answerers
144586 tn?1284669764
Blank