Stroke Community
Constant twitching and nervousness!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

Constant twitching and nervousness!!

I have been feeling constant twitching on my legs and almost everywhere on my body, i started having this liek 3 days now and also i have nervousness and like i have had lots of cofee,
i dont have weakness but i want to make sure i am ok
Avatar n tn
I had two strokes in one week....I had twitching in my feet, biceps , fingers, face...It did not hurt..I was like a puppett though.  My neurologist described it as having an electrical storm in the brain.  There is damage after a stroke and depending on where the damage is...There is like signal losses and lapses in the brain causing me to "quiver"  It lasts no more than about 15 minutes with me...Stressed out and nervous?
You have every right to be....It is natural to feel that way...I was for sure and I was prescribed Lexapro, I was not on edge anymore and was still "me"..Not the drug itself....I hope this gave you something....You are not alone...
I have no idea what is wrong with you without a personal physical, however I would suggest a test of your acetycholinesterase levels. Your symptoms are characteristic of exposure to organophosphates, such as are used in crop dusting. One way to make the diagnosis is to administer an atropine challenge, and see if the symptoms immediately disappear.
Avatar n tn
Ok, this might seem petty but I'm not sure where else to ask the question.  I have a nervous smile.  When I'm uncomfortable a big goofy grin comes across my face.  This was difficult to deal with as I was growing up but now, as a parent and business man, it's really difficult.   It's hard for my childern to know if I'm serious and it's difficult for partners at work to take me seriously.  Is there some sort for cure?  Excercise, or theraphy that could help?

John
i smoke the synthetic weed & lately ive been having full body twitches, vertigo, & my whole body get a ripple of numbness through it, along with nausea. could this possibly be a sign of a slight stroke or possibly brain damage from the chemicals.