Stroke Community
Continued right side numbness after TIA

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

Continued right side numbness after TIA

I was sitting at my computer writing music and my right side became numb. I thought I may have cut off the circulation and stopped using the computer. The numbness coincided with a swelling of my right bicep. I assumed that I had pinched a nerve or the large knot that appeared in my right bicep was cutting off circulation. After 4 days of right side numbness I went to the VA emergency room. All my vitals were taken and a complete blood lab and CAT scan was taken. I was told that the scan looked ok but I had previously had a TIA. I had no symptons other than the numbness. My speech, coordination, strength and speech was never afftected. Foolishly a year and a half prior to the TIA I stopped taking my Aspirin (325mg), my blood pressure (Lisinopril) Type 2 diabetes (Avandamet) and Cholesterol (Vytorin). I am nopw back on my meds thru the VA but my problem is the continuing numbness on my right side. As a musician and writer it is something I need to get past (The numbness) and hopefully it will eventually fade. I'm hoping that once my body accumulates these helpfull meds, especially the Aspirin for blood thining that I can return to normalcy.

Stay on your meds, change unhealthty life choices. Take care of yourselves.