Stroke Community
Daughter had stroke at 33 years old.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

Daughter had stroke at 33 years old.

Thank you for taking your time to answer my post.My 33 year old daughter had a stroke on September 3 2005.She has a blood clot on the left side of her brain.The doctor said she was very lucky the stroke didn't occur there,if it did it would have killed her.My question is does she need to have it removed?the stroke happened on the left side of her brain.She is suffering now with pain in her arm and leg on the right side.Her right arm and leg will jerk uncontrollably,it does it for about a minute then she falls a sleep.Is this this coming from the stroke and possibly the blood clot?I am concerned for my daughter,she all so has a thyroid gland problem.They are still doing tests on it.Can you tell me if you think the blood clot needs to be removed,if she has another stroke she might not be that lucky.Thank you for your time Raven33.
Stroke is cause by blood clot in the brain
under a term call Ischemic Stroke.

The blood clot depends on percentage of blockage.
It may need to do operation to remove/clear the blockage or medication eg. Aspirin, depends on doctor.

Please follow your doctor advice closely and if you have any doubt please ask the doctor for help.

If you want to know more about stroke please visit this links
http://www.strokecenter.org
http://www.aidlenet.info/links/LinksCaffe/links.php?cat=79

The pain in her arm and leg on the right side and leg jerk uncontrollably about a minute then she falls a sleep.
Showing the brain is trying to recover by putting her to sleep.

Be patient and do take care and warmest Regards..aidle
Thank you for your comment.The blood clot is not in side her brain."It is on her brain."One of her arteries ruptured sometime or another and bleeded out.Her neurologist is now thinking that the blood clot is having bleeding around it.The neurologist,is trying to get her back in with the neurosurgeon right now,so that he can do the tests that need to be done.Her neurologist said that she can not treat the blood clot on her brain.She has just studied in the neurological field.The nerves and other things that she came off with.That is why she is probably having the jerking movements.Her head will all so jerk.She says that,her brain feels like there is an electric shock that will go through it.Have you ever heard of this before?Her right side feels like she keeps on hiiting her funny bone.That is how she explains the pain.Then the pain gets worst.Thank you for your comment and God Bless you too.Raven33
We believe my son in law is having mini strokes he has all the symtoms (symptoms). He is a heavy smoker and has high blood pressure which he treats when he's in the mood. The problem is the doctor. He just blows it off like its no big deal. he says hes not sure what the problem is but its not TIA'S because my son in law is only 30 not 65. We need a way to conviece my son in law and his idiot doctor.
My Granddaughter is only 16, very overweight, no exercise, she blacked out and fell in floor months back, Dr. did x-ray and CAT and showed nothing, now she has pain that pain med don't faze, down her left arm and her neck, now other arm, weak, lhas to hold on rail coming down the stairs and has horrible headaches, ode this sound like stroke or what, I am very worried, she is going to see her Dr. today but I'm afraid he won't tes ther, thank you, concerned Granny
This is only my opinion as I'm far from being a doctor.  From what you describe it really doesn't sound like a stroke.  Although, sometimes a stroke can affect both sides, usually, it's only one side that's hit.  Maybe an MRI should be done.  How overweight is your granddaughter?  Strokes can happen at any age but 16 is tremendously young.  I don't know about black outs with a stroke, usually a person may have a blank stare or can't move or speak but not black out.
I had my first TIA at 27, then again at 29, once at 31 and I just had one last night.I am 33 years old now. I did not know about the first 2 until I had an MRI done because my neurologist found Papilledema  in my eyes and thought I might have a brain tumor. He sent me straight for the MRI and they found the 2 TIAs and 1 Ischemic Stroke. Thank God it was not a tumor. But I was diagnosed with pseudo tumor cerebri. I would keep on the doctor or find another one and please try and make sure he quits smoking. I know that is hard. It took me several tried but I am glad to say I have been smoke free since June 10, 2012.

Have you had any disabilities following all your strokes?  It's good that you are smoke free since that is one of the biggest factors for having future strokes.  Also I hope that you are following any of the other measures which help prevent strokes.  Ask your doctor about these.  Another full stroke could be far worse.  I would worry far more about yourself than your doctor's smoking.  Good luck to you.

I don't how or why my response above got printed way below.  So here it is again, in case you never find the one above.  LOL