Stroke Community
Diplopia treatment

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

Diplopia treatment

What treatments are available to eliminate double vision caused by stroke?
I have been trying to find the answer to this question for over a year!  My husband had a stroke and is left with double vision.  The doctors are saying nothing can be done.  Best thing to do is check with a neuro-opthamalogist.  They deal with disorders of the brain and we see because of our brains...the eyes are just a window.  There is a surgery I have heard of where the muscles in the eyes are tightened to take away the double vision.  It is an outpatient surgery that only takes a couple of hours.  I forgot the name of it.  

Good luck in your search and please inform me if you find the answer.
I am a 65 year old woman.  I had a mini stroke.  I suffered wity double vision for 8 hours.  No one can tell me why.  I have gone through many tests.  I have a small part of the double vision trying to come back, I just feel it.  I hope you all the luck in the world, and will pray for you.