Drug adjustment
I have been treated with Warfarin since my stroke in October 2011. I have had major side effects with other  drug interactions and have requested a change to Dabigatran, which we believe is less problematic.
Has anyone had experience with Dabigatran? and has it been successful for them.?(with less side effects)

I have experienced memory issues, loss of balance, depression and a loss in confidence. My doctors have been constrained in prescribing, because of Warfarin and barbituates for  a controlled epilepsy condition.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The medication Dabigatran has been recently withdrawn by the FDA, for increased incidence of strokes and bleeding episodes reported in patients. This was reported in a study conducted on patients with prosthetic valves and also in patients with atrial fibrillation. This could be the reason why your doctors are hesitant to prescribe this medication.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.