Stroke Community
Excessive talking problem
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to stroke, rehabilitation, ability to eat/swallow, alertness, bowel/bladder control, depression, motor skills, nutrition, orthotics/braces, pain, prevention, senses, and spasticity.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Excessive talking problem

My mum is 81, she had a stroke 6 weeks ago which affected swallowing and speech. A couple of weeks later she was able to swallow and speak. Currently she is suffering from severe headaches and excessive talking ....especially during the night. She is not feeling safe and wants to make sure we are around although my sister and I have not left her one minute. We've been trying to calm her down but unfortunately she suffers from dementia so she doesn't remember what we tell her. The problem I need advice on is what can be done about the excessive talking. I want her to be able to sleep at night. Thanks
I'm sorry about your Mom :(  My Mom had a massive stroke to her brainstem on 10/7/14.  She was awake for a while then slept, and never woke up.  They told us there was no hope :(  We took her home and she died on 10/13/14.

I don't have any answer, but I am here for you and understand.  My Mom was 80 years old.  My sister and have been taking care of her these last 8mo while she was sick with this blood disorder which we believe led to her stroke.

Sending hugs and prayers your way.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Stroke Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank