Father-in-law got left eye blindness due to two stroked and the sight be restored?
My Father-in-law who is 56 had neomonia in 2009.  While in hospital he was put on life support and during this period he had two strokes.  When he was taken off the life support a few weeks later, his right side was very weak and he had lost sight in his left eye.

He is able to move about and is slightly independent although we have to keep an eye out for him.  His right side is not what it was and he needs a walking stick to help him keep his balance.  He is not able to pick up anything heavy or even open a bottle of coke or something.  He does not have the strength. The one thing that depressing him the most is the loss of sight in his left eye and not being able to work.  

He is downstairs and wanted me to search online and ask if blindness due to strokes can be restored?  and whether there was any medical treatment for his left eye?

Thanks in advance for your help and responses.