Headaches after Stroke
My husband is 30 years old and in good health, he recently suffered a stroke to his left frontal lobe, they ran a series of tests (MRI, CT, echo, blood tests) and have not been able to determine the cause of his stroke.  He is recovering very well with the exception of experiencing moderate to sever headaches everyday, which do not go away when taking pain medication.  He has been suffering from these headaches ever since his stroke.  The doctors tell us that headaches are not a result of a stroke but he never had headaches like this before the stroke.  Can anyone else tell me if they are experiencing the same thing and lend me any assistance.
It has been recently discovered that my 13 year old daughter has suffered from a stroke.  The stroke was discovered because of constant and persistant headaches.  Her pediatrician had an MRI done, which showed the lesions in her cerebellum (stroke).  We can not determine when the stroke occured, but the headaches started 3 months ago and she has lived with them almost daily since.  The doctor's continue to tell us that the stroke and headaches are not related, but I am not convinced.
I am so glad to learn that I am not the only one going through this headache thing but I wouldn"t wish it on anyone. I experience headaches  the first day i was released from the hospital. They got so bad i had to go to the emergency room. It scares me because I never know what's going on in my head. Several test have been done but they always come back negative.I never had them so much until after the stroke.Everyday
We have just recently learned from one of my husband's neurologists that the headaches are in fact as a result of his stroke.  The easiest way to explain it is when you burn your arm the skin and tissue is sensitive until it heals--the same applies to your brain thus the headaches.  He explained that he has seen that the headaches are worse in patients who have minor strokes.  He was prescribed a drug called Lyrica that is for pain management but it is non-addictive.
We recently went to another neurologist about my daughter's MRI.  He is convinced that her stroke occured before she was born becuase the leisions are quite extensive.  He said there is no way that we would have not see any neurological symptoms if it had occured after birth.  However I am  not convinced becuase she is still having frequient headaches.  The neurologist put her on Pamelor which she has been taking for 5 weeks.  The medicine is really not working and now she is having EXTREME mood swings and is very depressed.  She cries for no reason and becomes very frustrated and negative about herself.  This is so unlike her.  I'm wondering if it's possible that the headaches themselves could be the neurological sysptom they the doctor's are overlooking.  
i suffered a stroke 4 months ago now i also get severe headaches that do not go away with headache pain relief my stroke on my mri was caused my colestral in my arteries within my Brain, my stroke left me with a right frontal lobe infarct